Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Time On My Hands

It's amazing how much extra time one has to do other things when food is not used for recreational purposes. It's sort of a drag and sort of a gift. Now that I am no longer eating any grains, I marvel at how those minutes spent waiting for the toaster to turn my seeded wheat bread to the exact shade of burnt umber added up. All these extra minutes allow me to do really important things, like make lists such as these:

Top 10 movies I can watch repeatedly without getting bored:
1. Adaptation
2. Tootsie
3. The Queen
4. Saturday Night Fever
5. Little Shop of Horrors
6. A Place in the Sun
7. King Kong (original version)
8. The Matrix
9. Rocky Horror Picture Show
10. The Last Waltz

Top 10 horrors of modern life:
1. TV laugh tracks
2. How some people are homeless while others have multiple mansions
3. Airlines charge for pillows, blankets, food and luggage, despite high ticket prices
4. Pit bull owners who insist they are sweet and adorable if you raise them right
5. Saab, the maker of the best car ever, went out of business
6. People take their kids to Disney World and Disneyland but never to Haiti
7. Drivers who kill deer on the highways just leave their bodies lying there
8. Al Gore sold his cable TV station to Al Jazeera
9. Twisted murderers become celebrities and get fan mail
10. Everyone is so fat and still there are All You Can Eat restaurants



2 comments:

  1. I love this blog so much.
    I hate Disneyland.
    I love Saab. loved.
    are those your very own feet in the photo? where ARE you?

    ReplyDelete

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...