Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Getting Younger: Do the Math

Yesterday I received a really good compliment. Okay, so it was from my own son, but that makes it even better since he rarely says anything nice to me or about me. But he said that Mitch and I, his parents, are "two very cool people." He even repeated it, giving some examples of other parents he knows who are not cool at all, in fact who are all the way to dorky. ( I had to agree.) Then I took one of those online RealAge tests and answered it completely honestly, and it turns out my inside is eight years younger than my outside. Throw in those ads that say, "60 is the new 40," and with a few quick calculations, suddenly I'm paying full price at the movies again.

Besides all that, factoring in my husband's immaturity and how he is always saying, in defense of some particularly childish behavior, "Lest ye be as little children, you shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven," which is what Jesus said to Matthew--probably under similar circumstances-- on my next birthday, which is now aimed right at me, I will be turning either 38 or 41.

I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...