Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Down East Etiquette

"That's wicked good lobstah..."
I hate the anonymous online commenter. Is there a greater coward anywhere today? I think not. That's why I always sign my name when I have something to say. You'd think that would earn me brownie points, but instead it has gotten me banned from leaving any of my critical input concerning a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, rabid, left-wing columnist named Ed Beem, who writes for a silly little local birdcage-liner here in Maine called The Forecaster.

I found this out just moments ago and so maybe it's the anger talking, but when I attempted to add my two cents, I got the message that I, specifically, was "not permitted to post any comments on this stream." (And what a stream it is, if you get my drift.) That's annoying--and possibly a partial explanation of why Maine only has about a million residents. You simply can't be honest here, you're supposed to keep your thoughts to yourself, unless they are along the lines of, "that's wicked good lobstah." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...