Monday, June 12, 2023

Looking for Conspiracies and Coming Up Empty


Yesterday I received the comment concerning a recent post: "Conspiracy blog." The post in question said that the World Health Organization (WHO) decrees what is or is not a mental illness. I believe this is a true fact and not one that is made up, concocted by a special interest group or specious, so where's the conspiracy? In fact, what is a conspiracy? The definition is "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful." 

Have I ever believed in a conspiracy? Not really. However, some things have happened during my lifetime that do seem odd and/or suspicious, but not all the way to conspiratorial. I did wonder who was behind the murder of JFK but I had no reason to suspect our government. Of course I was 16 at the time and so was pretty much focused on which one was my favorite Beatle. 

I have questioned how Vince Foster found Fort Marcy Park (where he allegedly shot himself but had no gunpowder on his hands and in fact was still holding the supposedly fired gun), after being in D.C. only six months and working "12-hour days, six or seven days a week," when I never found it after living there 30 years and and hiking with friends on many weekends. 

I am not convinced that our current befuddled president makes any decisions at all. It seems more plausible (to me) that a team of politicos, all younger and more able than Biden, work behind-the-scenes on policy and send Joe out to deliver the results.

I honestly believe the lion's share of the media work hard to downplay any wrongdoing of the Democratic Party and to inflate the missteps of the Republican Party unfairly to make them seem evil.

That's it. Nothing about WHO. I have never thought about WHO until I learned that they decree what is and what is not a mental illness, which I found out yesterday while doing research for the post that inspired someone to call this "a conspiracy blog."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Crimes and Miss-Demeanors

I haven't tuned in to watch any of the trial coverage for Donald Trump's latest non-crime case, but I have heard snippets on my car ...