Sunday, June 18, 2023

Big Brother is Listening, and Possibly Vacuuming

More and more we are learning how AI robs us of our individuality and virtually handcuffs mankind, yet its purveyors continue to soldier on with nary a backwards glance at the destruction it causes.

After watching the episode entitled "Joan is Awful" on Black Mirror streaming on Netflix last night (as many people did), with any sense I'd smash my computer and my iPhone with an axe and hope I can get away with living out my life sans AI interference. It may be too late, though, since all my personal info is already stored in a giant cloud overhead, making me nothing but an insignificant pixel in the movie called "People, Ha!" 

A few nights ago during dinner in our kitchen, my husband and I were alarmed when a loud female voice  advised that she "couldn't really do that," whatever it was, further explaining it was outside her bailiwick, at least for now. The thing is, we don't have any of those Siri-listening things, like Alexa and Echo -- not even a Roomba which I totally do not trust -- so who or what was that? Apparently the voice came from our TV, two rooms away and turned off at the time.

You better watch your microaggressions, bro, that's all I'm saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Fun

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...