Monday, November 12, 2018

Whatever Happened to #MeToo?

So many things in our society make absolutely no sense, it's little wonder that every day 125 people choose to leave it, most often with a gunshot to the head. Common reasons include drug addiction and "lifestyle stressors," according to the experts who study such things. As for me, I'm sticking around, if only to see just how much weirder things can get.

For example, today's news is abuzz with the supposition that Hillary Clinton is planning to run for president in 2020. Now that's going to be some real entertainment. Another thing that I find amusing, albeit perplexing to the max, is the #MeToo movement, although I'm wondering if it's over already. I just made a quick trip to the supermarket for -- what else? -- cat food, and was stunned by several of the magazine covers currently on display, causing me to think that I must have missed something and that it's still okay to consider women as "sex objects." Take a look:




If you're as confused as I am, just consider how Harvey Weinstein feels, hobbling around New York and Connecticut (he's not permitted to go anywhere else) in an ankle monitor awaiting trial when nothing's any different than it ever was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody's Pies For Sale

As a pretty decent baker myself, I almost never buy a pie made by a stranger. I've sampled enough of them to know they are not worth the...