Friday, November 2, 2018

It's All Trump's Fault

I have put on about seven or eight pounds in the last six months, enough so that, to my dismay, many of my jeans no longer zip up. Dammit, that asshole Donald Trump did this! I know because he is responsible for everything bad that happens -- at least that's what I read in the papers and hear on all the TV news. 

Just the other day, a dear friend who I respect deeply explained how the president is responsible for last weekend's mass shooting in a Pittsburgh synagogue. I'm so dumb, I thought it was because of the longstanding anti-Semitic feelings of a lunatic Jew-hater. But no, she explained it's because the "person at the top" sets the tone for the entire country! I asked her if that's still the case when the person at the top is a narcissistic buffoon who everyone disavows, and she nodded yes. (She had a mouthful at the time; we were at lunch.)

Then I read a letter to the editor in today's Wall Street Journal that basically echoed her sentiment, explaining that because Trump had applauded someone "body-slamming" a journalist last year, the Pittsburgh shooter figured it was acceptable, and was in fact motivated to kill all those strangers who happened to be Jews in a synagogue. (Who knows, maybe the guy loved Jews until Trump was elected.)

Anyway, the list of atrocities caused by the president is a long one, and I'm adding my weight gain to it. After all, Trump is sort of tubby and since I allegedly model my behavior after his I must think it's acceptable to overeat. Come to think of it, I was quite a bit thinner during the Obama administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody's Pies For Sale

As a pretty decent baker myself, I almost never buy a pie made by a stranger. I've sampled enough of them to know they are not worth the...