Friday, November 30, 2018

Battle of the Ages

I recently came across  an article online called "20 Things Millennials Hate About Baby Boomers," or something like that. Being a so-called Boomer myself, naturally I was interested. But soon enough I was appalled, not just by the poor writing but by the audacity of the writer. Among the things that were called out as truly offensive to the younger generation were Crocs -- the shoe, not the reptile. They were deemed "ugly"  and simply "have to go."

Really? Are they as ugly as those nose rings that look like snot is dripping out of both nostrils, so popular with today's supermarket checkout girls? How about the half-shaven head, or the giant holes in the earlobe stuffed with rubber rings, for exactly what reason? Call me old-fashioned, or even just old, but I love my Crocs and I'm keeping them. (I even have two pairs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...