Saturday, November 3, 2018

Bring Back the Dunce Cap

If you don't know what a candidate stands for, how can you judge whether or not they are fit for the job? Sadly this situation is all too common in America.

I recently heard from a friend who lives here in Maine that he "always liked Susan Collins a lot" until she voted in favor of Brett Kavanuagh for the Supreme Court. I asked him if he had heard her compelling 40-minute speech that carefully explained her decision. He said he had not heard it and did not care to. I asked if he had seen any of the televised Kavanaugh hearings. He had not. I asked how he knew that Kavanaugh was an unfit choice for the Supreme Court. He said he heard it on CNN.

This is a person who should not be permitted to vote in our elections. Short of that, he should at least be forced to wear a dunce cap at the polls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody's Pies For Sale

As a pretty decent baker myself, I almost never buy a pie made by a stranger. I've sampled enough of them to know they are not worth the...