Monday, May 27, 2013

The Devil Within

Today may be a national holiday to commemorate all the dead people who thought shooting strangers was an acceptable way to solve the world's problems, but since I am a pacifist I don't observe. But for those who do enjoy celebrating such things, have fun.

For me, the day is important for it marks the start of the second week of my strict observance of The Whole 30 diet. I went seven whole days without cheating at all--until last night when I broke down and had a glass of red wine with dinner, followed later by six pretzel nuggets. Clearly the wine served as a gateway drug, opening the door to the pretzels. Fortunately, out of the habit of drinking, the wine made me unduly sleepy and I passed out before I got to those brownies, brought by a friend and sitting right out there on the kitchen counter.

When you stop eating badly, just like when you stop smoking, you see the habit for what it is: the Devil's handiwork. (I'm pretty sure he has something to do with war, too.) Since I'm not "allowed" to weigh myself on this diet I have no hard evidence of weight loss, but I do know I feel better about myself since I started it, and that's reward in and of itself.





1 comment:

  1. so proud of you and don't tell me you didn't weigh in.......I know you.

    ReplyDelete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...