Thursday, March 2, 2023

Maine's Race War

Mitch Rouda, second from left, tries to reason with a protester.

According to the organizations that spend time figuring this stuff out as if it actually matters, Maine is the whitest state in America. Shown below is the racial breakdown of our 1,372,559 inhabitants: 

  • White: 93.68%
  • Two or more races: 2.76%
  • Black or African American: 1.39%
  • Asian: 1.14%
  • Native American: 0.66%
  • Other race: 0.36%
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.01
Naturally, with people of color being all the rage the days, white people must suck since they've gone around being white as if it's perfectly fine all these years, thereby making blacks feel inferior. What's even worse, they continue to be blatantly white, despite being told again and again that it is not okay to be white. Imagine that! 

I admit that I am white. I came that way and have stayed that way, despite all the tanning I did in my teen years. Honestly, right now I don't know how to fix it. Wearing blackface is considered racist, so not an option. Should I sneak outside and do my errands as quickly as possible, wearing a hoodie, sunglasses, a Covid mask and gloves to hide my skin color?

Two weeks ago there was a demonstration in Portland with white people -- hey that's what we got -- chanting, "Fuck white supremacy, Black Lives Matter!" I know because my husband and son, out for lunch downtown, stumbled upon the group assembled near the restaurant they chose. There were only about 40 people in attendance on both sides of the issue, one side represented by a man holding a banner that read, "IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE" and the other opposed to that sentiment. Caught on video was a white lady approaching the man with the banner and calling him "an asshole." (She said this despite being white herself and not even trying to cover herself up, so who's the asshole?)

Scratching my head, I'm not sure what to do. I remain white. And to tell you the truth, I like being white. Of course it's all I've ever known so who knows, I might really love being a Pacific Islander and god knows we need more of them. (See chart above.) Anyway, am I a racist by remaining white? 

If so, everyone else in Maine is too, except for the black and brown illegal aliens or immigrants seeking asylum or whatever you call them who are here living in hotels and getting free stuff  -- food, lodging, clothing, money -- from all the white racists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Donald Trump Is Child's Play

While the Democrats are all hot and bothered over a one-night stand between Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels, threatening to imprison him fo...