Saturday, November 14, 2020

We Love Our Abortions


Actress Melissa McCarthy recently took to Instagram to apologize to her fans for "accidentally" supporting a group that condemns abortion. Horror of horrors, how could she? It seems Melissa donated to an umbrella charitable organization she assumed held all the politically correct beliefs, but then learned that among the groups included, one had a founder who in the past had "condemned abortion." Naturally Melissa worried that any potential movie-goer who might add to her considerable coffers would punish her for such outdated thinking.

Which makes me wonder: How did killing unborn babies get to be "the right thing" to do? It is, after all, ending a burgeoning life. And hey, I've done it myself, multiple times in fact, back during the Sexual Revolution in which I eagerly participated. Without divulging how many babies I've killed, let's just say that if I hadn't I'd need a much bigger turkey at Thanksgiving. And I never once felt remorse about it since each time the helpful counselors at Planned Parenthood assured me it was the same as getting a tooth pulled. Just hop up on the table and you can get on with your life.

Yes, I know, it's "a woman's right to choose." My body, my health, etc. Just sign here and here, and here. And by the way, I don't give a damn which charities Melissa supports, I still think she's a hoot and a damn good actress besides. And doesn't she look great since she lost all that weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...