Saturday, November 7, 2020

The New Wicked Witch

It's shocking to me how many friends have posted online, either on Facebook or Instagram, or sent me an email, celebrating the fact that our next president is a doddering old fool who can't tell his right hand from a toilet seat but at least he isn't Donald Trump, assuming I share their joy. They assume this since I have remained somewhat under the radar about my political leanings, although I have consistently shared how much I despise my husband's radical loony left family who are pretty much all assholes, and extremely fat ones at that, and I hate fat people, who doesn't. 

The people who are happy that Trump lost don't seem to understand so many things. First, that fully half the country, their fellow Americans, love the man and are sad that he will be gone. Next, that this election was far from clean, albeit the crafty Dems -- the same ones who concocted the Russian collusion story,  rammed through baseless impeachment proceedings and criticized him mercilessly about everything from his hair to his skin color to his family to his wife, and by the way there has never been a more beautiful or gracious woman to hold the title of First Lady -- covered their tracks well and will likely get away with their chicanery. And last, that had the despicable propagandizing media not dogged him from day one, his administration, which accomplished much good despite the yapping at his heels every minute, could have done so much more.

That's not to say I don't find Trump boorish, narcissistic and overly self-indulgent. These are qualities everyone has to some degree, but not all of us are in the public eye so we can get away with being obnoxious offstage, in fact backstage, in a dark corner of the theater where only the mice can see us misbehaving.  

But now lots of people are misbehaving out in public, right there in the glow of the footlights. Honking horns, waving flags, clanging pots and pans, shouting "Ding dong the witch is dead!" I'd be careful, though, because there's a new witch in town, and pretty soon she'll be more in your face than she is now, mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...