Tuesday, November 17, 2020

My New Job

In 2020, every TV ad features either a black family or a mixed race couple. Every cabinet pick for the incoming president (who I shall not name) is either a woman of color -- any color but white -- or a black man. This means I don't stand a chance: I am white and actually burn easily when I try to tan, so darkening my skin is out of the question. Also, I am old, which is never good unless you are running for president.

Also quite popular these days, especially on new TV shows and in the wedding announcement pages of The New York Times are gays, lesbians, queers and all the rest of those letters in LBGTQAN, and anyone who is not cisnormative, which I am. I was born with a vagina and I still have it. Ditto two breasts. 

I am so over. In a way that's a relief, since nothing is expected or asked of me except to not get the coronavirus, which my son has begged of me. That's all I have to do. It's a full-time job, with no time off, but I can handle it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...