Tuesday, November 3, 2020

It's Showtime!


Finally the big day is here. Soon enough we'll find out if our next leader will be a doddering old fool who doesn't know his own son has been dead for several years -- today Joe Biden introduced his granddaughter as his son Beau -- or a narcissist who's addicted to ranting about his enemies on Twitter. Personally I hope the latter stays in office, only because I will miss seeing the beautiful, semi-reclusive First Lady. (Mrs. Biden is a frumpy housewife type I can see anytime I want by looking in the mirror.)

By far the best part of this election will take place tonight on TV as the silly talking heads compete for airtime, each station wanting to be the one presenting the most exciting breaking news, the first to call a winning state, and the possessor of the most colorful and confusing digital maps of the country. 

Honestly, I have no horse in this race. I'm hoping Biden wins because my son will be depressed if he doesn't, and I'm hoping Trump wins so I can relish Rachel Maddow's bitter on-air tears. No matter who comes out on top, my life will remain exactly the same, as it has through every president since I was born. And that's a lot of presidents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...