Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Death and Taxes, Not Necessarily in That Order

When I attended college from 1965 to 69, the tuition at my chosen school was one of the most expensive at that time: about $25,000 per year. My parents, while not penniless, certainly did not have the funds to cover that, so I took out student loans for all four years. I finished paying them back in 1986. I was 40. Nobody helped me, nobody "forgave" the loans. I worked, starting my first job three days after graduation and not stopping until I ran out of steam as a new mother, which happened a year after my loans were paid off. 

Now Joe Biden, he of the muddled thinking, is shouting that he will forgive student loans. I say he is shouting because that's the way he talks; have you noticed? It's quite annoying. Anyway, that really pisses me off. I certainly hope none of my taxes will go towards that giant pillow under the tantrum-throwing millennial's heads.

It's funny -- Joe has been shooting his mouth off a lot lately, unlike during the campaign when we barely heard a peep out of him. Months away from taking office,  he's busy making all his plans. I guess who could blame him, what with the Grim Reapermobile parked just a few blocks from the White House. So hurry up, Joe! Cause you just never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...