Friday, November 27, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving?


I woke up this morning Covid-free. Or should I say Covid symptom-free, since I could have Covid and not know. Or I could die from it. Anyway, I am relieved since the media frenzy reached a fever pitch yesterday, with dire warnings about how gathering with friends and family to celebrate Thanksgiving was not all that different from shooting yourself in the foot, or maybe even the head.

Now that bad boy Donald Trump is slowly fading from the limelight, journalists are desperately seeking something to freak us out about since Joe Biden is such a snore. The virus is just the thing since it impacts every single person, thus the audience is huge for every little thing related to the CDC, NIH, WHO, FDA, hospital ICU beds, vaccines, masks, mandates, death counts, and anything uttered by Dr. Fauci.   

Yesterday, moments before my guests arrived, a friend from New York City called and read me the riot act about having people in my house, and at my age! "You must be kidding," he fairly shouted. Then he listed all the ways I might contract the virus, including being indoors, not staying socially distant, having all the windows closed, not wearing masks, sharing food, etc. By the time my son and his girlfriend arrived I was a blithering mass of nerves. Thankfully we stock plenty of alcohol which seemed to help, and by the time dinner was on the table I forgot to worry and didn't start again until this morning when it was too late.

The good news is that our newspaper was not delivered today, so I can remain blissfully ignorant of the latest horror stories if I'm careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...