Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Sooner Than You Think


Yesterday I went out for a walk in the late afternoon and forgot to put on my face mask. Oh well, no big deal, I thought, since I was walking in the woods and would likely never even see another soul. But I was wrong. As dusk approached, the Mask Patrol drone spotted me from above on its evening sweep. By the time I got home two armed guards were waiting; of course they knew where I lived from the chip in my wrist. Anyway, no amount of pleading could keep them from taking me downtown and throwing me into a cage for a few hours, the very same cages The Party complained about when they were used to house immigrants at the Southern U.S. border not so long ago.

Commandant Harris has gotten much stricter since President Biden died. And such a mysterious death, in his sleep and no autopsy afterward. Anyway it was certainly to be expected and nobody dared to question what had happened. Not even FOX News, which is now just like all the rest of them.

Finally, around midnight, I was taken to court. Apparently my writings online against The Party had been discovered and found to be anti-American, anti-Black Lives Matter and 100% against the regime. Since I had no record I got off easy: I would have to do six months of "community service" and pay a stiff fine to The Party. The Commandant assigned me to building roads, something she did with prisoners back when she was in California. Fortunately I could work in my own town, so it wasn't too bad; I could still sleep in my own bed every night. But I was stripped of my cell phone and forbidden to post anything online for as long as she is in power. They'll be coming to get this computer any minute.

I miss Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...