Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Voting: Bah, Humbug


Yesterday was the 100th anniversary of women getting the right to vote, or something like that. A very serious lady, the Secretary of the State of Pennsylvania who spent all day counting ballots from yesterday's vote, appeared on this evening's TV news saying the "holiday is cause for celebration." What she doesn't know is that today is my son's birthday, reminding me that 33 years ago I pushed the equivalent of a 7 lb. butternut squash (see photo) out through my vagina without benefit of painkillers. Now that's worth celebrating!

Anyway, now I feel pressured about the Suffragette thing but I'm not sure what I should do about it. I voted yesterday and of course my vote was meaningless because this is a blue state and I am a red woman, so big whoop. And the voting process has been weird this year, tainted in several ways with hardly anyone voting on the actual Election Day, making me less inclined to ever vote again for the rest of my life, however long that might be.

Another thing that has turned me off of voting is the realization that everyone can vote no matter how clueless or evil they may be, and that's some social distancing I embrace wholeheartedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...