Monday, November 9, 2020

Joe Biden Breaks His First Promise

Joe Biden and the Pope have nothing to do with this post.
Since waking up this morning, I have learned so much. None of it is stuff I needed to know but now do, thanks to the Internet. No wonder I can't remember why I went upstairs or what I wanted in the kitchen or what day it is -- there's too much trash in my brain. I blame myself, since I didn't have to log on to my computer over breakfast. But like almost every American who lives near an electrical outlet, I am addicted. I need help. Until I get it I am powerless (ha ha) to do anything about it. So now I know:

A 36-year-old rock climber proposed to his girlfriend at the top of a mountain in California. She said yes. he said it was the happiest day of his life. Then he left her to ascend further on a training climb, and fell to his death. Ouch! After reading this I learned it happened in 2014, but for the purposes of selling advertising it was pushed in my face today, in 2020.

"Five restaurants In Bar Harbor, Maine are closing temporarily due to coronavirus." So said the headline of a story on a local news station website. It listed which ones they are and there were six of them. WTF? The second paragraph of the story said, "The seven restaurants plan to re-open soon." And we are supposed to trust the news?

You (or I, or anyone) could get a blood clot in our leg that could cause a stroke or heart attack if we don't start taking a certain drug, I forget which one. The ad also suggested we call our doctor.

President-elect Joe Biden is "putting together a task force to look into the coronavirus." Huh? The virus has been here since last January, by now everyone knows what to do about it, and Joe is going to put together a team to examine it starting next January? During the campaign I'm pretty sure he said that he was going to "get rid of coronavirus." He's not even in office yet and already he's breaking promises.

Tom Brady recently suffered "the biggest setback of his career." (I didn't click.)

That's it. My breakfast was quite small and so I closed my laptop and played with my cat for awhile. That's all I know for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...