Monday, October 1, 2012

Not About Bob Dylan and Yoko Ono

Yesterday I witnessed one of those mini-dramas that take place in public between people you don't know. If I were watching TV, any loose ends would be neatly tied up after a few more commercial breaks and I could forget about it, but since it was real life, all I can do is wonder what the heck happened.

My husband and I had gone to the train station in Rhinecliff, New York to meet an arriving friend. We went early because the station sits right on the Hudson River and we wanted some time to take pictures and enjoy the view. As I was snapping away, a man and woman descended onto the platform who caught my eye, mostly because he sort of looked like Bob Dylan, only taller, and she sort of looked like Yoko Ono with longer hair, at least to a struggling filmmaker who couldn't afford any better than grade-B actors. (See photo above.) They passed close by me and I overheard the woman say to her companion, "Well, at least it's only a temporary inconvenience." I then wandered off to look at the river.

About ten minutes later I saw them again. Not-Bob seemed to be hunting around in his suitcase. Then he stood up, turned towards me and looked straight into my camera lens as I snapped a photo, not intentionally of him but of the crowd of waiting passengers who had by then gathered. I thought nothing of it, until he and Not-Yoko hurried past me and went to the elevator, waited a few seconds and then got in and left the train station.

I wanted to shout, "Wait up! Where are you going?" Had they forgotten something important at home? Or--less likely but more exciting--were they fugitives who saw me take their photo and then decided not to board that particular train? Something happened, that's for sure, and inquiring minds want to know! If they were actually Bob Dylan and Yoko Ono, this would be all over the Huffington Post today and I might even snag a few bucks for my pictures. Alas, not.


1 comment:

  1. ugly ONO. too handsome for Dylan. But I like where your story is going. reminds me of that other story you were writing about the mystery outside the motel room window......what happened there?

    ReplyDelete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...