Thursday, June 20, 2024

Dropping Dead at the CVS

I went to the pharmacy to pick up my blood pressure medication. The clerk who came to the window almost gave me a heart attack right then and there. Without exaggeration, this is what he looked like: 

Medium height, medium build Caucasian, about 28 years old. His hair was a bright lavender and had obviously been permed. Both ear lobes were heavily pierced and punctured with two enormous reddish-black gauges that looked like blood clots. A thick, silver-toned nose ring with a downward-pointing arrow at each end exited his nostrils and scared the shit out of me. His cheeks, forehead and lips were dotted with five or six silver balls pierced through the skin. He looked, in a word, Satanic.

I had to turn away as I asked to speak with the pharmacist. He said the pharmacist was busy and maybe he could help. I wanted to say he needed help more than me, but instead I just said I'd wait.

I have no idea why CVS hires people who look like that to work in the pharmacy department, where so many of the clients are seniors. I wonder how many have died on the spot on that young man's watch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Time to Go, Joey

Jill and Joe: The Lyin' Bidens Sarcasm has no place in a review of last night's televised debate between the two men running for pre...