Friday, March 4, 2022

World Obesity Day, No Kidding!


My mind is blown, but I will try to carry on. Today's issue of USA Today carries a full page ad, half of which is shown above, asking editors around the world to stop using the word "obese." The writers of this ad (all likely ginormous themselves) claim that obesity is a chronic disease and not the fault of the fatty, I mean whale, I mean obese person. They can't help it! It's a chronic illness!

Well I'd like to know -- is it contagious? Because if it is I will wear a mask forever, or do anything necessary not to catch it. And if it is a disease, how come some people get it after they lived for many years as a thin person? Like Dan Akroyd and Chevy Chase and Kathleen Turner and Hillary Clinton and Jack Nicholson and especially Elizabeth Taylor, now dead but once thin and then really fat. Is it brought on by age or by too many potato chips, French fries, ice cream sundaes and stuff like that? Do those "living with obesity" suddenly develop an overwhelming craving to eat crap?

And by the way, I would like to ask everyone, especially editors of all newspapers and magazines, to stop using the word "old" as it is demeaning and no fault of the targeted person or persons. They are simply "living with additional years." It's not their fault!

Really, let's eliminate age bias as there are many, many people "living with advanced years" despite all their attempts to stay young. I am sick of being defined by my birth year. At least fat people, I mean those living with obesity, can alter their miserable condition by laying off the garbage foods. Being old is irreversible and thus deserves our sympathy -- not to mention respect -- much more.

Oh yeah, Happy World Obesity Day! Go out and celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...