Thursday, March 17, 2022

Wicked Witches Abound

People suck. That's all there is to it. You can't say they don't. Yesterday Vladimir Putin had his armies deliberately bomb a building where children were taking shelter in Ukraine. The building had the word "Children" scrawled all over the outside of it. Still, the Russians dropped their bombs. Vladimir Putin is a person, like you and me, and he did that.

Certainly most average people do not rise to Putin's level of evil, but many ordinary folks come damn close. Years ago my sister-in-law, who I had been showering with expensive gifts for her and her three kids for at least 20 years each Christmas and birthday, presented me with a little $1.49 book called "The Book of Insults" for Christmas. That did it for me; I was done with her and I have not missed her for a minute. In fact, my life has vastly improved from the day I stopped having her be a part of it.

Then there are strangers who say terrible things to you online, even though they know nothing about you and your personal struggles. One of those is a woman named Sharon Larimore of Amarillo, Texas. I don't know her but today she commented on a negative movie review I had posted online, "Trash blog."

I'm guessing Sharon did not agree with my review. She must have liked that movie. That's the only thing I can think of, since we don't know each other. She has no idea that I wake up each morning battling pain  that has been with me since October and which still defies diagnosis. (An upcoming MRI might reveal the answer.) For all Sharon knows I have terminal cancer or MLS or any number of horrible things going on. I may have recently lost a child to a drug overdose. Maybe my husband was recently killed in a car accident, or I lost my beloved Corgi to liver disease and had to put him down the day before I wrote that movie review. Sharon doesn't know! Yet she chose to write something so nasty and for no reason. Why? What's the payoff from insulting strangers? Does it feel good?

No wonder wars keep happening. People are inherently jealous, mean and power-hungry. Does Sharon feel better after writing that my movie review is "trash"? How could that possibly help her in any way. Anyway, thanks a lot Sharon Larimore of Amarillo, Texas for starting this brand new day off on a very sour note for me. I wish I could drop a house on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...