Saturday, March 26, 2022

Fat People Trump Ketanji

In my own little blogosphere, titles mean everything. I have come to the conclusion that people click on the title that is most compelling, and for all I know they don't even bother to read the post. Since 2007 this blog has appeared under one name or another, and I have been able to analyze the reading habits of a small group of people. My sampling makes it clear: if the word "fat" it in the title, it gets the most attention. 

After that, any mention of Donald Trump gets readers. And much to my surprise, almost nobody cared about my recent post concerning Ketanji Brown Jackson, the African American woman (whatever that means) currently up for a SCOTUS appointment.

Just a small but telling look at what Americans care about: being fat, getting fat, and getting fatter. I guess if I wrote a title implying that Donald Trump got really fat I'd score a lot of readers. Maybe next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...