Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Christine Blasey Ford Redux

Despite the fact that today I could walk down the streets of Freeport naked and get little attention (except that it's eighteen degrees outside so my stamina might impress a few people), in my younger days I got more than my share of attention from men. This included numerous boyfriends, another husband, and plenty of unsolicited and unwanted sexual advances in the workplace from every boss I ever had and a succession of nerds, dorks, dweebs, cads and the occasional hunk.

Included among all that unwanted attention were countless ass-grabs and impromptu hugs at office Christmas parties and more than a few surprise kisses in the Xerox room. Sometimes I was grossed out, other times merely pissed off, yet never was I traumatized. Nor did I ever relive the moment where the creepy guy's face came closer and closer. I also didn't cry about it, although I did warn other women to be wary of so-and-so.

Which brings me to the ridiculous "performance" I saw last night on the soap-opera channel MSNBC, wherein a former Trump campaign worker, a box of tissues at the ready, accused the then-candidate of "forcibly" kissing her on the side of the mouth. OY! She cried real tears as she remembered the horror -- three years old by now -- of realizing he was going to do it! OMG!

The woman's story is absurd, mostly because:
1. Who the hell remembers a half-kiss from some guy you worked for three years ago?
2. Why would Trump kiss her, a black woman, if he is such a racist and she is not at all attractive?
3. Why would someone take a low-paying campaign job that required traveling for six months with Trump, leaving her family and "babies" at home, for a candidate she never, ever thought had a chance of winning, her explanation for not coming out with her story at the time?
4. Why would she then apply for a job in the Trump White House after he had allegedly "violated" her?
5. What kind of publicity-whore hires a lawyer and goes on TV now because a famous guy she worked for three years ago almost kissed her, sort of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorful, But Still Monsters

Those surly, smart-ass, know-it-all (who really know nothing) American youngsters currently holding protests at exclusive colleges and unive...