Monday, April 4, 2011

A Billion Dollars!!

If you have a job and you're doing it well, when your contract comes up for renewal you're probably not too worried about being kept on, I would imagine. In fact, I don't have to imagine since I have been in that exact situation myself and was never very stressed. Always, I maintained my position of employment without having to do anything extraordinary, like say RAISE AND SPEND A BILLION DOLLARS to keep my job, which is what our fearless leader, the current president of the United States, announced today he has every intention of doing. Guess he's not so sure we want him back, huh?

Obama would get my vote, for the first time, if instead of spending that ridiculously unfathomable amount of cash on a fawning campaign staff and TV commercials and lawn signs and robo-calls and posters and buttons and bumper stickers and junk mail and newspaper advertisements and gassing up Air Force One to fly all over the country to attend bean suppers and church picnics and town hall meetings, during the work day natch, he spent that money on feeding the poor and housing the homeless.

A. Billion. Dollars.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo. And the same should be true for whomever his opponent will be ... etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this morning's paper said each side will spend 2 billion! That is an amazing amount of money! And represents a major setback to representative democracy

    ReplyDelete

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...