Saturday, January 13, 2018

Trying My Hand at Poetry


Trying to improve myself, yesterday I bought a book of poetry. I am trying to like poetry, but I don't get it. It seems that all it is is writing sentences in weird ways. For some reason that is supposed to make whatever you say seem deep and profound. Or else what you do is make things rhyme, like that's a good way to spend your time? Personally I think it is all a crock of shit. Anyway, following is a poem I just wrote called I May Be Lactose Intolerant.
 
I May Be Lactose Intolerant 
By a.j. schamis

Trying to improve myself, yesterday I bought a book of poetry.

I am trying to like poetry. But I don't get it. 
It seems that all it is 
is writing sentences
in 
weird
ways.

For some reason 
that is supposed to make whatever you say seem
deep 
and profound.

Or else what you do
Is make things rhyme,
Like that's a good way
To spend your time?

Personally I think it 
is 
all
a crock of shit.

2 comments:

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...