Thursday, January 21, 2021

The Haughty Democrats


I recently received a comment on my blog from a former friend asking, after reading a post expressing my dislike of Biden and Harris, "How did you end up in such a dark place? I feel sad for you." 

That smirking, self-righteous attitude of so many Democrats, embodied by Kamala Harris, makes me sick to my stomach every day, and is why I can no longer watch TV or read the news. Their conviction that to be a Republican is "to be in a dark place" permeates all of them, including our newly elected president who has yet to display the slightest shred of his stated intention to unite the country.

Not to mention the fact that if my old friend really felt sad for me, she would call or write to see how I'm doing and not just leave a nasty barb online. Hey, maybe I am in a dark place! Maybe I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and have just months to live. Maybe my heart attack left a lot of damage. Maybe my son is sick, maybe my sister died, maybe I have Covid. Or maybe I just have a different opinion than hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...