Saturday, January 30, 2021

I Miss Trump

Well, Grampa Biden has been the President for ten days and the pandemic rages on. If anything it's worsening by spawning new variants. I'm a little disappointed in Gramps, to be honest. But then, Obama, his mentor and master, promised to close Gitmo, the prisoner of war detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, on Day One of his presidency, and that was in 2008 and it's still open, with 40 detainees rotting there indefinitely.

As for getting out those vaccines to the people, well, as Tom Wolfe would say, "Fuggedaboutit!" Here in Maine it's for people 80 and older. Who knew there were so many of them living here? Of course you can't blame them; it's safe, no crime, no traffic, nobody walking behind you at night with a crowbar or baseball bat ready to club you to death for 20 bucks. (Just reminiscing about my 30 years in Washington, DC.)

I am 74, so no vaccine for me. My sister, who is 79 and crazy and living in a nursing home in NY got both her shots weeks ago. She suggests that I should just say I am 80 and get the shot. I told her it doesn't work that way, and besides I would rather die of Covid than have anyone believe I am 80.

As for my husband, a mere teen at 63, and my son, a veritable toddler at 33, the vaccine is a distant bauble they might grab sometime this summer. Until then, we are all wearing three masks, staying home and slowly, ever so slowly, losing our minds. At least when Trump was around there was always good TV, not to mention a daily thumbs-up to raise our sinking spirits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...