Monday, January 25, 2021

Life is Too Short for Politics

This morning I woke up with a cold. Or is it more? I can't tell. One thing I know for sure is that my health is not impacted by any politician promising me anything. Joe Biden said he would "knock out Covid!" Well guess what: he hasn't. In fact, cases have steadily risen since he took the oath of office. Come on, man -- what are you waiting for?

Since Biden was sworn in, three of my friends got Covid. Until then I didn't know anyone personally with the disease. Now it's gone from something "out there" to something "right here." It also reinforces the truth that death lurks everywhere, peering over our shoulders, getting all of us eventually, and nobody is exempt. (Covid doesn't care who you voted for.)

Stop arguing about Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi. It's meaningless. Instead, have a nice day and be kind to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...