Monday, April 11, 2011

The Voice of the People

Everyone knows it takes all kinds, and Facebook is one place where evidence of that is front and center: Some people "Like" this while others "Like" that. As of this morning, 57,470 people "Like" Swiffer, which is not even a person but a mop.

Sure, I'm bitter, and with good reason: Only 92 people "Like" my consignment shop fan page, and exactly 0 people "Like" my personal blog! How am I to feel when a mop is so much more popular than I am? Bad, that's how. But then, I have never been very popular, even though I have many outstanding attributes, which is why I will have to work so much harder than the average candidate to win the hearts and minds of the American people in my upcoming presidential campaign. Taking that into consideration, I have decided to name Swiffer as my running mate instead of Mitch Rouda, as smart as he is. Obviously the American people have connected in a deep way to Swiffer, and that can only help me at the polls.

If we are elected, Swiffer will replace Joe Biden, the current VP. Right away we will see differences: My guy has better hair. Also, he will never put his foot in his mouth like Biden often does, since he has neither. As for Mitch Rouda, he will be upgraded to Secretary of State.

3 comments:

  1. I personally don't "Like" tons of FB pages. I comment on stuff. So impersonal to just "Like" stuff. Why does a person "like" something. Can't they formulate an opinion and post it?

    Also, I think it is silly that you have to have 50 likes before you can have a custom FB page.

    As for your new running mate. Hopefully he will do better than Sarah Palin would. She is about as intelligent as a mop. Then again, you do have Mitch as SOS.

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would we do without you? Your blog is the only funny thing in politics right now. LOVE Swiffer. She's like (there, I used it) insurance. Nobody will assasinate you for fear of the Mop taking the helm. Wait, maybe you will be assasinated sooner because of her.....Did you think about that?
    Deneb thinks that if the word assasinated is used more often you will get more hits.

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...