Friday, August 30, 2024

The Hollow Queen, The Court Jester and the Botched Surgery Patient

Last night I attempted to watch the much-touted first interview with Kamala Harris that aired on the Communist News Network (CNN), but did not last long. Let me begin by saying that to call what I saw an "interview" is like citing this blog post as a dissertation, if you get my drift. With its zippy opening graphics and peppy music, it seemed more like a promo for a new episodic comedy series called "White House Follies."

My favorite answer from Queen Hollow was what she would do on Day One if elected to the highest office in the land, a.k.a. Leader of the Free World. She vowed to do something that has yet to be done in the history of America's existence by any president, even in a full term: “Well, there are a number of things. I will tell you, first and foremost, one of my highest priorities is to do what we can to support and strengthen the middle class."

That is gonna be one very full first day in office! No mention of how she would achieve all that in 10 hours -- or even 12 if she's a night owl -- but she must possess skills unseen during her time in office for the last three and a half years. (I guess she's been saving all that for a special occasion, perhaps her own coronation.)

Then there was Tim. That pudgy, impish Court Jester added little to the proceedings besides diversity, he being white -- and quite a pasty white I might add. Besides nodding in support of his Queen, he appeared fit to fetch her coffee and a bagel or maybe a croissant when needed, and well-suited to sit, stand up and applaud behind her every so often during her State of the Union speech, should that need arise.

I wanted to hold out until the tough questions came but my husband's snoring next to me on the couch made it hard to hear. Also, my cat was hungry and meowed for me from the kitchen. My one takeaway from what I did see was that I would never have surgery on my under-eye bags since the dire results were evident in the interviewer Dana Bash. Despite her heavy makeup you could almost count the stitches under her eyes, and IMO that looked worse than any bags might have. 

Poor Dana.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Sense With Kamala

Young Kamala, already saving money! Walking around my neighborhood this afternoon and noticing the proliferation of Harris lawn signs, I was...