Monday, August 12, 2024

No News is Good News

A face only a mother could love?
I just returned from four days on an island 10 miles out to sea. There was no TV. No newspapers. And barely any cell service. There was no talk of politics. No Donald Trump, no Kamala Harris. No war in Israel or anywhere. It was great.

Then I came home to a pile of newspapers full of all that crap. I read that Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan thinks Harris will beat Trump because she is "beautiful" and has a "great smile" and is "a born performer." I wondered -- are we electing a President or a Prom Queen? I also wondered if Peggy Noonan needs new glasses. (See photo.)

I read that all 61 people aboard perished in a plane crash in Brazil. I read that Iran is in a better position than ever before to launch a nuclear weapons program. 

And maybe the worst thing of all that I read is that Harvard University has decided not to remove the Sackler name from several of its campus buildings, despite protests from parents whose children fatally overdosed on OxyContin, the drug the Sackler family continues to produce.

Life on Mohegan Island is much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Sense With Kamala

Young Kamala, already saving money! Walking around my neighborhood this afternoon and noticing the proliferation of Harris lawn signs, I was...