Saturday, August 24, 2024

I'm No Anti-Vaxxer

The pompous pundits you have heard of who write newspaper columns and the others unknown to you who appear on TV with the title of "Political Strategist" or "Campaign Advisor" are no smarter than the average person, they are just more ambitious. The latter group even pays to get themselves on air, according to a friend of mine who works as a booker for TV news, whereas I would pay handsomely to stay off.

Anyway, lots of those talking heads blabber on about Robert Kennedy Jr. being an evil anti-vaxxer, as if that means he drowns puppies in his backyard swimming pool or eats little children for breakfast. He does neither. He simply thinks vaccines are over-rated, may be responsible for some resulting physical ailments like autism, and should under no circumstances be mandated by the government. This surely does not make him a "nut-job," which is what the Blue Meanies have labelled him. 

My doctor's practice has thus far sent me three excited messages -- via text, email and snail mail -- regarding the latest seasonal flu and Covid vaccines: "We've got them! Come get them!" They are here!" Bear in mind that for each vaccine administered, the doc gets a share of the cost. 

My husband and I have each had three Covid vaccines and have both contracted the disease twice. I will take no more, while I respect the right of anyone else to take as many as they want. The single vaccine I would take is one that makes me 35 again. So I'm not an anti-vaxxer after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Sense With Kamala

Young Kamala, already saving money! Walking around my neighborhood this afternoon and noticing the proliferation of Harris lawn signs, I was...