Thursday, August 22, 2024

The Death of Democracy

A recent case of Covid and a broken computer, each an unpleasant circumstance on its own, have combined into an astonishingly positive end result: I am over politics. All it took was a few days of isolation and enough fatigue to keep me languishing in bed and off the news to arrive at this wonderful, hate-free state of mind. 

It's true -- I no longer care about who gets to ride in Air Force One. I'm just happy to be healthy again and have a new computer that's even better than the last one. Now when the morning paper comes I go straight to the crossword puzzle, take a peek at the daily cartoon, and I'm done.

From now on the content of this blog will have nothing to do with the pathetically underprepared Kamala Harris and her co-clown, Tim Walz. I won't be mocking the paranoid herd of Democrats bleating that a Donald Trump victory heralds "the death of democracy" while America has suffered under the dictatorship of Barack Obama since January of 2021.

Instead I might just post an interesting graphic every day that offers food for thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Sense With Kamala

Young Kamala, already saving money! Walking around my neighborhood this afternoon and noticing the proliferation of Harris lawn signs, I was...