Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Too Much Information

I thought of changing the name of this blog to How People Suck but my husband thinks that would cut my readership to approximately zero. I may yet do it since readers of this blog haven't lessened my depression over world events, helped me lose even half a pound of ugly fat, or lowered my blood pressure one point. Still, since not all people suck I've held off, but be on alert that the name change could happen any day, and without further warning.

An example of people sucking is the fact that a 36-year-old Canadian man, Robert Lloyd Schellenberg (see photo), has been sentenced to death in China for alleged drug smuggling, although it's really because he is a pawn in a political chess game between Canada, China and the U.S. He has already been held captive for four years, meaning since he was 32. My own son is 31, and I imagine the daily horror this man's parents wake to each morning, and it makes me sad -- almost as sad is if he were my own.

With the Internet everywhere, there is simply too much information available about the lives of others. I need to cut it back to a more manageable number. My aforementioned son majored in anthropology in college and tells me that 150 is the number of people that each of us can handle emotionally. To that end, I'm going to have to cut most of the world loose and focus only on my family and close friends, and of course my other Friends -- Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler, Monica and Ross. I'm gonna have to let that guy rotting in the Chinese jail go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Your Focus?

By now, most functioning adults should have realized two things: Joe Biden is a demented fool who is not really making any decisions for our...