Friday, January 18, 2019

God vs. Death

I have recently concluded that God and Death are two separate people. Well, not so much people as Spirits, Forces or Powers. Anyway, my belief is that God is a totally good guy and Death is a twisted motherfucker. When God takes people he does it with dignity, through disease and suicide. Death, on the other hand, is into all the random accidents that comprise the content of all those online news purveyors. (He may actually work for AOL.) Just in the last few minutes, happily sipping my coffee despite the wretched head cold I got from a friend a few days ago, I was smacked in the face by the following stories:

In Pennsylvania, three siblings waiting for their school bus on Monday morning were struck by an SUV driven by a 38-year-old woman who claimed she was blinded by the sun's glare as she made a turn and did not see the trio. The oldest boy, 11, died from his injuries at the hospital. The other two, a 9-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy, were badly hurt but are expected to survive. No word on the condition of the driver whose life is now totally ruined forever, or the parents of the three siblings.

Yesterday morning two male skiers in New Mexico were buried in an early morning avalanche. One of them died instantly, the other is in critical condition after being flown to a hospital.

In Arizona, a newborn baby was found dead in a trash bin outside the Amazon distribution facility.

According to my new theory, all of those people were taken by Death; God would never do such things. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. (We all need some way to cope.)

As for my cold, I'm wondering how to handle this: I have a hair appointment in a few hours but my stylist has Stage 4 melanoma and is in remission. Should I cancel so as not to expose her to any germs and wait weeks for an open appointment, or take a chance that she will be fine and go anyway? And what about me? God won't take me, but Death might. Hmmmm, what to do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Your Focus?

By now, most functioning adults should have realized two things: Joe Biden is a demented fool who is not really making any decisions for our...