Thursday, January 17, 2019

Black Coffee Is the Best

If you're reading this, stop right now. Really, go think your own thoughts. Or better yet, don't think at all. A blank mind is a happy mind; that's what meditation is all about. Besides, there's just too much information out there, and you don't need any of it.

That doesn't mean I won't write this blog anymore. I'll still read it. I enjoy my own thoughts and feel most comfortable with them. Sure, I read a lot of other stuff, but so much of it doesn't really apply to me. That's why I keep reading the same books over and over: I figure if they worked once, they'll work again.

What got me started down this road was a quick look at my computer: there are short stories and long stories and scholarly articles and novels and novellas and essays and critical reviews and biographies and autobiographies and it's all just too much. If you are what you read, what should I read? And who should I believe? One guy says this and another says the exact opposite. Even recipes turn out to be wrong. And there is not one Hallmark Card in all of creation that I can send to my sister on her birthday that even comes close to anything I have to say to her.

So go think your own thoughts and write them down if you have to read something. Hey, don't listen to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Your Focus?

By now, most functioning adults should have realized two things: Joe Biden is a demented fool who is not really making any decisions for our...