Thursday, August 16, 2018

This Is Not A Free Country

In the United States, you damn well better have the right opinions, or else. For example, today a famous celebrity and wonderful person, Aretha Franklin, died. She was an icon to many, although I wasn't a fan. Yes, I know -- she was fabulous, a great talent, etc., but still, I never responded to her music. I was more of a hard rock, Queen, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton kind of person. Anyway, today I read some comments following an article about Aretha's passing, and someone wrote that "she couldn't sing!" Let me tell you, it's lucky that guy's address wasn't posted or he'd be long dead by now.

The sad truth is that here in the United States, you better feel a certain way about a lot of things if you know what's good for you. For example:

Saturday Night Live is still funny.
Transgender surgery makes perfect sense.
Donald Trump is a moron and his wife is a slut.
All Republicans are evil.
Barack Obama is a saint and his wife should run for president.
Hillary Clinton was robbed.
The Russians elected Trump.
CNN is the ony trusted source of news.
Paul Manafort should be executed for his crimes, like buying a jacket for $15,000.
Bill Clinton is still the smartest man in politics.
Hamilton is brilliant, the best thing to hit Broadway since Cats.
Rush Limbaugh is an ignoramus.
The New York Times is a bastion of truth.
Bestsellers are good books.

To all of the above I say, "Ha!" But I try not to say it too loud.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...