Sunday, September 18, 2022

Wake Me When It's Over


A letter to the editor printed in today's Portland Press Herald, that daily compendium of articles picked up from the Washington Post and AP, states the following: "Woke is being aware of your own thoughts, feelings and ego in order to better understand the internal dialog and interplay among the three.... The alternative is to be unaware." Huh?

I am definitely aware of my own thoughts, too much so in fact which is why I drink wine and smoke a little pot every so often. As for my feelings -- jeez, I wish I could forget them. And my ego died years ago, around age 55 when I realized I could show up at a dinner party topless and nobody would notice. As for the "internal dialog and interplay among the three," um, I think that writer needs therapy since he is obviously hearing voices in his head.

Then the letter writer goes on to give his examples of things that are NOT WOKE: Denying how bad Trump's presidency was, thinking COVID is a hoax, thinking racism is a thing of the past, and believing the 2020 election was rigged against Donald Trump. Oh yes, and that the Earth is flat.

Well, I know for sure the earth is round, having flown across it many times and actually seen the curve. I have no doubt that racism is worse than ever today, and I do believe COVID is a real thing, having seen my husband suffer from it. But I'm convinced the last election was rigged and also that Trump did good things for the country during his four years, so I suppose I am only half-awake.

Given how things are in America today, I wish I could stay totally asleep until things improve. (See photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...