Saturday, September 3, 2022

Best Friends

I guess when you lose your best friend, the next person in line gets promoted; is that the way it works? So far that has not been the case for me. It's been six weeks and a day since my friend Debra died in a car accident that was truly an accident -- I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to happen. God must have been distracted and looked away at just the wrong instant. 

That could happen! The 1978 movie Heaven Can Wait, starring Warren Beatty, Julie Christy and Jack Warden, was about that very thing, called "a heavenly mistake." (Great movie, and a good remake of the 1941 original, Here Comes Mr. Jordan.)

Anyway, for the past six weeks I've been going it alone, and it's tougher than I expected. Take it from me, you need that person. If you are lucky enough to have a best friend -- someone who accepts you as you are, warts and all, and cares about your life and shares theirs fully with you, someone who keeps nothing secret and makes you laugh even in your darkest moments -- send them flowers and tell them how much they mean to you. Do it today. It may be your last chance; you never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...