Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Every Day's A Holiday


To create a holiday and be part of the official National Today holiday registry costs $5,000.
 The human race knows no bounds. One things that brings home this point is the fact that almost very day of the year is a "National Day of" holiday. You can find mention of them online or in local news outlets with limited staff and no ideas. Since this blog is an example of both, following is a list of the myriad holidays that fall on this very day, and I only hope you read this in time to celebrate. September 27 is:

WORLD TOURISM DAY

ANCESTOR APPRECIATION DAY

MORNING SHOW HOSTS DAY

NATIONAL A.J. DAY

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MILK DAY

NATIONAL NO EXCUSES DAY

NATIONAL CRUSH A CAN DAY

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MILK DAY

NATIONAL SCARF DAY

NATIONAL CORNED BEEF HASH DAY

I was particularly glad to learn about national A.J. Day, which "Celebrates people with that short, spunky name." Since my middle initial is J, several people during my life have called me "A.J.," most notably and consistently my ex-husband. Sadly he is now deceased because if he were alive we could celebrate it together, I guess by him calling me by name several times.

Celebrating Crush a Can Day is easy, as are Scarf Day, Chocolate Milk Day and Corned Beef Hash Day. But Morning Show Hosts Day has me stumped as I don't personally know any. And all my Ancestors are dead, so that's not something I can do. As for World Tourism Day, I am heading for Italy next March but today I am stuck at home in Maine with a cold, so maybe I will just thumb through an old atlas.

The point is, in some twisted minds somewhere, every day is a holiday. So Happy Whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...