Monday, September 26, 2022

Free to Sneeze in Public

After a fun weekend on Long Island in New York, I became ill on the trip home, which included five hours driving and an hour and a half on a ferry. By nightfall I was sicker than I can remember being in years. Sneezing, coughing, difficulty breathing, sore throat, complete exhaustion, loss of appetite and a crummy taste in my mouth made me worry it might be Covid, which I have never had. So I took a test and it's not Covid. 

Now I'm free to go about my business in the world unmasked, no need to quarantine for five days or tell all the people who I was with about my illness, since it's "just a cold." That's just plain weird, since many people who get Covid have no symptoms whatsoever yet they have to do all those things. Humans are so silly sometimes.

Anyway, I'm too sick to leave my home, so I won't be infecting anyone with my ordinary, run-of-the-mill, much worse than Covid common cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...