Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Confessions of a MAGA Republican


Just what is a "MAGA Republican"? Lately that term has been used by Joe Biden, the empty shell of a man pretending to be the president while his handlers (Obama? Susan Rice?) make all the decisions and give him instructions, in speeches aimed at fomenting even more hatred for average Republicans among his feckless followers. 

The acronym M.A.G.A. stands for Make America Great Again. Sounds good to me. I would love it if America could be great again, instead of what it is, which is a hot mess. Borders overflowing with illegals, government-mandated vaccination programs, supply-chain problems causing a lack of food in some areas, a growing number of homeless living on the streets, sky-high prices for once affordable goods and services and serious crime rampant in cities that had been cleaned up years ago but are now seeing the effects of downgraded funding of and total lack of respect for the police. 

I voted for Trump in the last election he clearly seemed to be winning -- Dana Bash on CNN was already teary-eyed explaining "how this happened" to her co-host Anderson Cooper -- before they suddenly shut down the whole business at 10 PM, a first in my lifetime and I'm in my seventies, because the election workers were "tired" and there was a water main break somewhere (no there wasn't) and besides, Trump was winning! In other words, "Oy vey, we need some time to come up with a plan!"

So, despite being in favor of abortion and against people having guns-- I'm a friggin' pacifist -- and not clinging to any religion and never owning a truck or even liking country music, I am suddenly A Threat to Democracy because I actually do think the last election was stolen and I want America to be great again.

Sue me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...