Monday, September 12, 2022

National Arachnophobia Month?


October is National LGBT History Month. I won't be celebrating since I am a committed heterosexual, although as far as I know there is no National Heterosexual Month which is pretty unfair if you ask me. There is also no National Arachnophobia Month, which also pisses me off since I am one and believe me, it is no picnic. In fact, given the choice I would rather be gay than have arachnophobia. (If I were, I'd tell everyone on October 11, which is National Coming Out Day.)

According to the most recent survey, just 3% of Americans claim to be LGBT, while arachnophobia afflicts 30% of the U.S. population. Given this huge disparity, it's quite arrogant for the gay (and all those other letters) community to be riled up over Florida's school board recently voting against official recognition of LGBT History Month in classrooms, with dedicated curriculum on the subject.

Geez, what the heck do they want? Even in our tiny town in Maine, as in many big cities across America, there is a crosswalk painted in "pride" colors to placate that community. There is yet to be one painted with spiders anywhere.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...