Sunday, January 23, 2022

Wordle World


The new game taking the Internet by storm is called Wordle, wherein you must guess a secret 5-letter word in six tries. It's not original; many similar games precede it, most notably Jotto which I played on car trips in my youth. But Wordle has caught on, mostly with a young generation who never played any of the games that came before it. It's played on a cell phone, requiring nothing else, so it's got that in its favor. Another thing is that it's so easy even a Millennial can play it.

In fact, it's too easy for me and my baby boomer friends, many of whom have played a few times and stopped because it's not a challenge. I continue to play because A, it takes only a few minutes and B, I keep hoping I'll miss one day and my faith in the next generation will be restored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Your Focus?

By now, most functioning adults should have realized two things: Joe Biden is a demented fool who is not really making any decisions for our...