Monday, January 24, 2022

Why Dogs Bark



Being a human these days is tough. Really, if I ever wrote what I really think about what's going on in our society right now, I would be arrested and jailed by day's end. So many rules! So many experts telling us what to do! So many genders from which to choose! And so many pronouns that were never before important but now matter so much to so many! 

One subject that blows my mind is the word games people play in service to political correctness. For example, and as I have mentioned in this space before as it continues to mystify me, it's okay to call a black woman "a woman of color" but racist to call that same woman "a colored woman." This got me wondering if I should be calling my colored pencils "pencils of color." Sounds silly, right? Right, since they both mean the same thing.

Another oddity is that many, many people are still wearing cloth face masks despite all the medical experts proclaiming they are nothing but "facial decoration"  and do nothing to stop the spread of COVID-19. Even Dr. Fauci, a mediocre expert at best but one with plenty of experience at the age of 80, admits that cloth masks are worthless. Yet people still wear them and are outraged by those who go maskless. 

It's possible these behavioral malapropisms are why dogs bark for no apparent reason. They're actually laughing -- at us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Your Focus?

By now, most functioning adults should have realized two things: Joe Biden is a demented fool who is not really making any decisions for our...