Thursday, January 20, 2022

Long Live Fat-shaming

Tess Holliday is the first fat supermodel.
Today the average American woman aged 20 and above and standing 5'4" tall weighs 170 pounds. I found that shocking. I am 5'5" and when I tip the scales at more than 140 I feel like crap. My clothes are too tight, I have less energy and I can't bear to see my protruding stomach and surrounding excess fat in the mirror, so do I have a problem or does everyone else?

In 1960, the average weight for a woman the same height was 140 pounds. So what's going on? More restaurants? More commercials for food on TV? Less self-respect? Or could it be that the term "fat-shaming" has birthed a no-holds-barred attitude towards overeating, sloth and gluttony? 

God knows without the occasional fat-shamer, Americans would be even fatter. So keep at it. And all you fatties out there, take a look in the mirror naked and tell us you like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody's Pies For Sale

As a pretty decent baker myself, I almost never buy a pie made by a stranger. I've sampled enough of them to know they are not worth the...