Friday, January 28, 2022

Taking a Bullet

After 35 years of marriage I just found out that my husband doesn't really love me -- at least not in the way one hopes to be loved. I discovered this after a conversation with our son, who was questioning his own relationship with his live-in partner. I asked him if he loved her. He replied, "What's love anyway?" I said, "Would you take a bullet for her?" He said, "Take a bullet? No, I wouldn't take a bullet for anyone!" At which point I said, "I'd definitely take a bullet for Dad." 

I later repeated this conversation to my husband, who was appalled at the idea that he would be expected to take a bullet for me. Certainly it wasn't in our wedding vows, he reminded me, when he had balked at having to promise to be faithful. I said I'd gladly let him out of the faithful promise if he would agree to take a bullet for me.

Things are at a standstill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Your Focus?

By now, most functioning adults should have realized two things: Joe Biden is a demented fool who is not really making any decisions for our...